Coalition for Seamless Access
Outreach Manager (Service Providers) – at 0.4 FTE for the first six months (July – Dec 2019).
The Coalition for Seamless Access has arisen from the RA21 project, the goal of which was to improve access to online scholarly resources by reducing barriers to access and authentication. The recommendations arising from the RA21 project have been submitted to NISO for adoption as Recommended Practices for Improved Access to Institutionally-Provided Information Resources.
Outreach Manager Role (0.4 FTE)
The Coalition for Seamless Access will commence a beta phase during the last half of 2019 for the purpose of evaluating the main outcomes of the RA21 project – an identity provider persistence service and central identity provider discovery service. The Coalition is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional for the position of Outreach Manager (Service Providers) to proactively engage STM Publishers and other providers of services to the research community to participate in the Beta phase of the Seamless Access initiative. The Outreach Manager (Service Providers) reports to the Program Director.
- Create, drive and manage a pro-active adoption and implementation plan for the seamless access recommended practices targeted at publishers, content providers platform providers, and other research-oriented service providers.
- Identify and proactively engage with such potential early adopter service provider candidates.
- Organise meetings, webinars and presentations to promote the new recommended practice widely to new potential adopters.
- Create marketing and promotion information for collateral material, for social media and on the web for outreach.
- Create documentation to engage and support the implementation of the Seamless Access solution by service providers.
- Achieve target Key Performance Indicators and Success Factors as agreed within the initiative
- Collect results from participating service providers in accordance with agreed success measures.
- Coordinate with various Seamless Access groups and committees and those of participating organisations.
Skills and experience:
- Broad and proven experience in outreach roles.
- Knowledgeable of/in the STM scholarly communication arena.
- Fluent in English.
- Able to take complex information and communicate it clearly, concisely, and accurately.
- Persuasive, self-starting, and skilled at solving problems.
- Tech-savvy – ideally with experience in technologies relating to scholarly communications; experience with or understanding of identity management technologies a plus.
- Experienced in providing support and training in person and online.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Able and willing to travel frequently – mainly US and Europe.
This position will be subject to a temporary consultancy contract with the International Association of STM Publishers (STM) against a fixed fee and will not entail an employment contract. The Seamless access Beta phase is likely to run for a full year, from Q3 2019 – Q2 2020. The first contract will be 6 months at 0.4 FTE, open to further extensions and possibly at a different work-factor as the project requires.
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience and how it applies to the role and requirements outlined, to Heather Flanagan (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than Friday 31 May 2019.